Quick Vegetable Fried Rice | Chinese style – Leftover Rice
Quick Vegetable Fried Rice is a perfect way to use up the leftover rice and is also very quick, nutritious and yummy 🙂 I make this whenever I have leftover rice or vegetables are going bad in the fridge.
You can make this with freshly cooked rice as well, but if you are cooking with leftover rice make sure you eat the fried rice with in that day or with in next 6-8 hours.
You can add any typical veggies like onion,spring onion, garlic, tofu,Paneer, beans,carrots, snap peas, peppers etc. I also add some uts for crunch like peanuts,cashews or pine nuts.
If you don’t like to use Soy sauce then use Coconut aminos or Tamari sauce. I prefer Soy sauce as I make this only once in a while. Also for fried rice use toasted sesame oil or peanut oil, this gives a nice flavor and takes it to next level. Don’t use olive oil it changes the flavor. If you want a crispy touch to the fried rice add some fried wontons.
Other One Pot meal recipes you may be interested :
Enjoy my recipes ? Join my facebook group here – SubbuCooks Facebook Group
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for all the recipe videos.
Thank you for visiting 🙂
Quick Vegetable Fried Rice
- 2 tbsp Sesame oil
- 2 cups Cooked Rice
- 1/3 cup Onion,sliced - or Spring onion
- 1/4 cup Cashews
- 1/3 cup Carrots - finely chopped
- 1 cup Snap peas - Chopped ( or beans)
- 1/2 cup Tofu or Paneer
- 1 tsp Ginger - finely chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic - finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Chili sauce - or any sauce of your choice
- 1 tsp Black pepper powder - or to taste
- 1 tsp red chili flakes - or to taste
- Salt - to taste
- Cook your rice if you don't have leftover rice. Fluff the rice and Let it cool
- Take a wok and put it on high heat. Add oil
- Once oil is hot add garlic ginger ,onions and cashews.
- Fry till onions get translucent and cashews get golden color.
- Add veggies and Tofu/Paneer Fry them till they are semi cooked - they should still have crunchiness.
- Now add all the seasonings and fry for a minute.
- Add the rice and toss well to combine. Put the flame on low and cover the lid. Let the flavors blend in for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot and garnish with toasted sesame seeds or green onions.
- I didn't include time for cooking rice as I used leftover rice
- Instead of using cashews in the beginning, add roasted nuts while serving.
- Adjust the spiciness to your taste.