Best Pasta Paneer Soup – Instant pot
Pasta Paneer soup is a quick wholesome one pot soup that is perfect for a cold night, which is made of pasta, paneer(Indian cheese). If desired Paneer can be substituted with Tofu or meat.
Pasta Paneer soup is a perfect balance of flavors and nutrition filled with protein and healthy fats . It can be made under 30 mins and makes a perfect meal or a side dish. I guarantee even picky kids will eat it.
This soup I limited my vegetables but you can more vegetables if you wish. Also I think you can incorporate meat like chicken if you wish in this soup instead of paneer but cooking times and method might slightly vary.
This soup came out so good that we gobbled down the entire soup in 20 minutes 😀 I promise you this will be one of the best pasta soup you will ever have.
Check out my list of must have instant pot accessories
I have limited the spice as I wanted it to be comforting and I want this soup to be kid friendly as well. so please adjust the spice level to your taste. You can serve this soup with some garlic bread or croutons. We enjoyed the soup just as is and simply loved it.
I hope you try this soup and love it as much as I do. 🙂
For Stove top:
Follow the same instructions below in a soup pot till step 7 ( for step 6 use cooked pasta).
After step 7, bring the soup to boil and serve hot.!
For Instant Pot:
Pasta Paneer Soup
- 1 tbsp Ghee or Olive oil
- 4 to 5 Crushed Garlic cloves - , fresh
- 1/2 Onion - chopped
- 2 Green chilies - finely chopped or to taste
- 1 big Tomato - chopped
- 1 tbsp Bouillon paste - (skip if using broth)
- 1 tsp Garam masala - (optional)
- Salt - to taste
- 1/2 cup Pasta
- 7 oz or 1 cup Paneer - cubed
- Water or broth as needed - (skip broth if using bouillon paste)
- Cilantro - to garnish (if desired)
- Basil - to garnish (if desired)
- Put instant pot on Saute mode high and add ghee
- Once ghee is hot add garlic and fry till aromatic
- Now add onions and green chili, fry till edges of onions brown
- Now add Tomatoes and fry for 2 to 3 mins
- Add Bouillon paste(skip if using broth) salt and garam masala.
- Add in the pasta and Paneer. Mix gently.
- Add the water about 1/2 to 1 inch covering the pasta and mix well. (use broth if not using bouillon paste).
- Turn off the saute mode. Put the lid, vent to sealing position
- Do manual high 5 to 6 mins (see notes).
- Do natural release or quick release after 10 mins in warm mode.
- Garnish with Cilantro or basil if desired
- Serve HOT.!
Enjoy my recipes ? Please share on social media with friends and in food groups.
Join my facebook group here – SubbuCooks Facebook Group
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for all the recipe videos.
Thank you for visiting 🙂
Check out the detailed video here