Soya Chunks Pulao – Instant Pot
Soya chunks pulao is a easy rice dish can be made in less than 30 minutes. Soya chunks and Rice being main ingredients, creates a great balance between Protein and carbs. In fact it is very high in protein and not to mention super tasty 🙂
Soya chunks are also known as Meal maker or Textured vegetable protein(TVP) which is a product of soy. ( by product of soybean oil extraction).
Usually Soya chunks are very hard but when soaked in hot water, they fluff up and become soft. Soya chunks using in everyday is a inexpensive way to add protein in diet especially for vegans/vegetarians. You can also make Soya chunks curry or fritters with soya chunks.
Soya chunks are also tasteless, so flavor the dish with good amount spices so that soya chunks get nice taste. Soya chunks pulao can be served with onion raitha or boondi raitha. Soya chunks pulao makes a great dish for any occasion or even for a weekend lunch special.
Check out my list of must have instant pot accessories
For Stove top :
Follow the same instructions below but use a pressure cooker and cook for 2 whistles and remove from heat. ( or adjust the number of whistles depending upon how many whistles you usually count for rice ).
For Instant Pot:
Soya chunks Pulao
- 2 tbsp Ghee or oil
- 2 tsps Cumin seeds
- 1 Onion - sliced
- 2 Green chili - slit (or to taste)
- 1.5 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 big Tomato - chopped
- 2 cups Soya chunks - (soak 10 mins in hot water and squeeze out water before adding to the recipe)
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- Cilantro - to garnish
- 4 cups Water
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder - (optional)
- 1.5 tbsp Coriander powder
- Red chili powder - to taste (optional)
- 2.5 tsps Garam masala
- Salt - to taste
- Put instant pot on saute mode high
- Add ghee/oil, when hot add cumin seeds - fry well
- Add onions and green chilies, fry till onions turn slightly golden
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry well(for 2 mins or so)
- Add tomatoes and fry for 3 mins or till mushy
- Add all the spices mentioned above and mix well
- Add soya chunks and rice along with water. Mix well
- Turn off saute mode
- Put the lid and vent to sealing position.
- Push the Rice button
- Do natural release or quick release after 2 mins in warm mode
- Garnish with cilantro
Enjoy my recipes ? Please share on social media with friends and in food groups.
Join my facebook group here – SubbuCooks Facebook Group
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for all the recipe videos.
Thank you for visiting 🙂
Affiliate links help to support my website and the free recipe content I provide. A small percentage of any purchase you make through the links will go towards buying ingredients, photography supplies and server space, as well as all the other expenses involved in running a cooking website. Thank you for supporting me !