Curried Chickpeas Rice in Instant pot || One pot quick healthy meal
I love a good curry with hot steaming rice, any day.! But when I am running out of time I like to make things simple and fast 🙂 This Curried Chickpeas Rice in Instant pot is always a winner for dinner when it comes to quick and easy one pot meal.
This is an wholesome meal option to make in instant pot for the family, serve it with side of raw veggies or a fruit. You can also serve this rice with plain yogurt for some added protein.
Flavors from curry spice and tangy sweet taste from tomatoes make this dish so yummmy. Of course as always I like my food spicy so I added extra red chili powder for spiciness but you can adjust the spice to your taste.
You can add any other veggies like peas, carrots, bell pepper, potatoes etc but I kept it simple with just chickpeas. I used cooked chickpeas ( from a can to make it convenient) but you can cook your own chickpeas in Instant pot – Just soak the raw chickpeas overnight and cook them on manual high 35 mins ( with water just covering the chickpeas).
This Curried Chickpeas Rice in Instant pot will not only make a quick night dinner but also an awesome lunch box meal for kids and adults too.! I hope you like this recipe, if you like it please share it on facebook and pin it for later use.
Other One Pot meal recipes you may be interested :
❤ If you try it then please don’t forget to give a rating for the recipe below in the summary box, it means a lot.!
Curried Chickpeas Rice in Instant pot
- 2 tbsps Olive oil - (or ghee, butter, oil of choice)
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 Onion - Sliced
- 2 Green Chili - chopped - (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste - (or 3 to 4 garlic cloves)
- 2 tbsps Curry powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 3 Tomatoes - chopped
- 16 oz can of Chickpeas - drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Rice - washed well
- 2 cups Water
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro to garnish - (substitute parsley if desired)
- Red chili powder - to taste (skip it if you don't want spicy)
- Put instant pot on saute mode high and add oil
- Once oil is hot add cumin seeds, let them crackle
- Now add onions and Green chili, fry for 2 mins.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- Now add tomatoes, curry powder,Red chili powder and turmeric powder and fry for 1 minute.
- Now add chickpeas, salt to taste, rice and water. Mix well.
- Turn off saute mode. Put the lid vent to sealing position.
- Do manual high 6 mins and Natural release.
- Garnish with Cilantro and serve hot.!
- Add any other veggies you like to make it more hearty.
- Instead of water you can use broth too.!
- Adjust the spice to your taste.
Enjoy my recipes ? Please share on social media with friends and in food groups.
Join my facebook group here – SubbuCooks Facebook Group
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for all the recipe videos.
Check out my list of must have instant pot accessories
Thank you for visiting 🙂