Instant pot Couscous | Israeli Couscous | Vegetable Pearl Couscous
I love pasta and like to try different varieties of it. When I came across this small pearls like pasta also known as Israeli Couscous or Pearl Couscous, I knew I had to try it. Instant Pot Couscous is very to easy to make and make a quick meal as well. I just made a simple and mildly spiced vegetable couscous to have as a light lunch.
Since the couscous is very small, they are kid friendly and fun to it. You can cook them like regular pasta but here in this recipe I didn’t use any pasta sauce.
For this Instant pot Couscous you can use any vegetables of your choice like peas, beans, potatoes, bell peppers,corn etc. Also I used extra virgin olive oil but feel free to use any oil or fat of your choice. I like to add nuts to my pasta so I added peanuts but cashews,pine nuts etc also make a great choice.
Now every brand of couscous is different as the size varies, so you may need to adjust the time as needed. This comes by practice, trial and error. I got the organic couscous from Costco for the recipe.
★ Now that you have this amazing recipe, Is it worth a try? Please give us a ★ rating .. Just click on the stars in the Summary box below to rate 🙂 !
Instant Pot Couscous
- 1-2 tbsps Olive oil
- 2 tbsps Peanuts - or nuts of your choice
- 1/2 Green chili, slit - adjust to your taste
- 1/4 cup Onion,diced
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes,chopped
- 1/4 cup Carrots,chopped
- 1/2 cup Sweet corn - I used fresh
- 1 cup Israeli Couscous
- 1 cup Water or broth
- Salt - to taste
- 1-2 tbsp Cilantro - or herb of choice
- Put instant pot on saute mode high, add oil.
- Once oil is hot, add nuts and fry them for 1 or 2 mins till they roast well.
- Now add green chili and onion, fry for 1-2 mins till onions are transparent
- Add tomatoes and fry till mushy(approx 2 mins).scrape the bottom of the pot if anything is stuck.
- Now add your vegetables, pasta,salt and stir well. Turn off saute mode.
- Add water/broth, give a stir. Pasta should be covered by the liquid.
- Put the lid, vent to sealing position. Do Manual/pressure cook high for 3 mins.
- Do quick release or Natural release (your choice)
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.!