How to cook chickpeas in Instant pot | No soak method
How to cook chickpeas in Instant pot No soak method, in less than 2 hours without pre soaking. Pressure cooking chickpeas will give very soft juicy chickpeas which is very essential because any bean should be completely cooked in order to avoid indigestion (digestive issues).
I use chickpeas in salads, curries, rice and also for hummus, falafel etc. Chickpeas are high in protein, fiber and essential carbohydrates. Just enjoy boiled chickpeas as a snack or roast them for a crispy treat.
Here are some of my chickpeas recipes –
Always wash your chickpeas as they may be heavily processed with preservatives, pesticides or even dust. Soaking is always preferred but this method is very useful when there is no time for soaking the chickpeas.
How to cook chickpeas in Instant pot No soak method
Cook Chickpeas in Instant pot
- 1 cup Chickpeas - Raw
- 1 tbsp Salt
- Water - as needed
- Wash the chickpeas very well to remove any dirt or pesticides
- Soak the chickpeas for 8 hrs or overnight.
- put the chickpeas in instant pot. Add salt
- Now add water just enough to cover the chickpeas. all the chickpeas must be covered with water.
- Now put the lid and vent to sealing position.
- Push the Bean/Chili button, it will automatically cook the beans for 30 mins High pressure.
- Do natural release(preferred), quick release should be ok too.!
- Your boiled chickpeas is now ready to devour.!!
- To be safe, add water 1 inch above the chickpeas.
- Sometimes old chickpeas will take more time to cook.