Instant Oats Dosa – Healthy Dosa
Instant Oats Dosa is a easy breakfast dosa recipe where no fermentation is needed. This Instant Oats Dosa is a great way to incorporate healthy oats into everyday breakfast or snack.
I ground the regular quick oats into flour using my spice grinder. You can save this oat flour in air tight container for later use.
I used Cast iron Tawa (Lodge Brand) to make this crispy and golden colored dosas. Non stick pan can also be used if desired.!
Rice flour and semolina(suji/rava) gives nice crispiness to the dosas ,so do not skip them. You can add finely grated carrots, beans to make this dosa more healthier.
This batter will last upto 5 to 6 days in the fridge, very convenient for the rush hour breakfast time.! This Instant Oats Dosa makes a great lunch too especially for kids.
Other Dosas you may like :
Chutneys/pickles you can serve this Dosa with :
❤ If you try it then please don’t forget to give a rating for the recipe below in the summary box, it means a lot.!
- 1 cup Oat flour
- 1/2 cup Rice flour - (or all purpose flour)
- 1/2 cup Rava or Sooji or Semolina
- 1/4 cup Onion - finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Plain Yogurt
- 2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 1 to 2 thinly sliced Green Chili - (or to taste)
- 1/8 cup Cilantro - chopped
- Salt - to taste
- Water - as needed
- Oil - to roast
- Mix all the ingredients(except oil) together in a bowl into a thin pouring batter. It should have the consistency of thick buttermilk.!
- You can rest the batter for 15 to 30 mins if desired (not necessary)
- Now take a Medium Hot flat griddle or dosa pan .. add the batter from 2 inches height above the pan. Fill in any gaps with the batter.
- Drizzle oil to roast and cook for 2 to 3 mins.
- Flip the dosa and cook on the other side as well.
- Serve Dosa with Chutney and Sambar.!
- Vegans Can skip yogurt or use cashew/coconut yogurt.
- If the batter thickens overtime, add water to get to the desired consistency
- Curry leaves gives nice flavor, but skip them if you don't have them
- Add finely grated carrot, beans for more nutritional version of this dosa
Enjoy my recipes ? Join my facebook group here – SubbuCooks Facebook Group
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for all the recipe videos.
Thank you for visiting 🙂