Curry leaves peanut podi | Podi for Idli, Dosa and Rice
This curry leaves peanut podi is a great side dish for idli, dosa and rice. You can make curry leaves rice with it as well. Power packed with nutrition and taste, it will greatly help with controlling hair fall and encourages hair growth. In telugu curry leaves are known as karivepaku and its powder is called as Karivepaku podi.
This curry leaves peanut podi I made with peanuts, because peanuts not only have heart healthy fats but also increase the taste of the podi.
In Ayurveda, curry leaves are believed to have numerous medicinal properties. They are considered to have anti-diabetic, antioxidant, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, anti-carcinogenic etc properties. Here are some popular benefits :
- Rich in Vitamin A, B, C and B2.
- Good sources of iron and calcium.
- Helps in Weightloss
- Helps improve eyesight
- Helpful for Diabetic patients
- Great medicine for Hair growth and prevents hair fall
- Fights stress
Also this is a no garlic curry leaves powder, but garlic gives a beautiful flavor to the powder so if you want you can add garlic too. Adjust the spiciness to your taste but this powder tastes better when its spicy.!
Some idli’s and Dosa recipes:
Store this Curry leaves peanut podi in an airtight glass container for long lasting freshness, this will easily last upto a month. You can store this in fridge as well for more life.
Curry leaves recipes :
★ Now that you have this amazing recipe, Is it worth a try? Please give us a ★ rating .. Just click on the stars in the Summary box below to rate 🙂 !
Curry leaves peanut podi
- 2 cups Plain curry leaf powder - (see notes)
- 1 cup Peanuts
- 1/4 cup Chana dal
- 1/4 cup Coriander seeds
- 1/4 cup Urad dal
- 1/4 cup White Sesame seeds
- Red chilies - to taste
- Black peppercorns - to taste(optional)
- 1 tsp Hing/Asafoetida
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Salt - to taste
- 3 lemon sized Tamarind balls - or to taste
- Dry roast peanuts, chana dal, coriander seeds, Urad dal and sesame seeds individually on medium heat.
- Take the roasted ingredients on to a plate and let them cool down.
- Now in the same pan take oil and add red chilies, Hing and fry well.
- Add black peppercorns and tamarind at the last, around a 2 minutes before turning off the heat.
- Now let all the ingredients cool down.
- Grind all the ingredients along with curry leaves powder and salt into a coarse powder(or to your desired texture)
- Store in airtight container.
- This powder tastes best when its spicy.
- Adjust the ingredients like peppercorns, tamarind to your liking.
- to make 2 cups of curry leaves powder I had ground 1 big bowl(5 qt) loosely packed dried curry leaves, if you don't have this much amount then you can reduce the quantity by half and the powder will still taste good
- You can make curry leaves powder like this