Instant Ragi Rava Dosa – Ragi Dosa – Finger millet dosa
Instant Ragi Rava Dosa is a simple Indian savory crepe recipe made with Finger millet or Ragi. This Instant Ragi Rava Dosa makes an easy quick breakfast ( or good for any meal of the day 🙂 )
Ragi or Finger millet is powerhouse of nutrition and gives quick energy to the body. There are so many ways to prepare finger millet/Ragi but this Instant Ragi Rava Dosa will be a house favorite as these crepes/dosa are perfectly crispy but still some softness and taste/flavor is nicely enhanced by the onions, green chili, cumin seeds etc.
Ragi/Finger millet Benefits
- Finger millet contains about 5–8% protein, 65–75% carbohydrates, 15–20% dietary fiber and 2.5–3.5% minerals.Finger millet is an excellent Source of natural calcium.
- Very good source of natural Iron.
- Contains anti-oxidants like phytates, polyphenols and tannins etc
- It has phytochemicals help in slowing digestion process. This helps in controlling blood sugar level in condition of diabetes. studies have found that whole finger millet has lower glycemic response. Keep in mind Ragi or finger millet are rich in carbohydrates making it not suitable for low carb diets like Keto diet.
Serve the Instant Ragi Rava Dosa with these pickles and chutneys
Check out my weight loss protein rich Dosa
Instant Ragi Rava Dosa
- 1/2 cup Ragi flour
- 1/8 cup Rice flour or all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Rava or sooji or semolina
- thinly sliced green chili - to taste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp Plain yogurt - (optional)
- Salt - to taste
- Water - as needed
- Oil - as needed
- Mix all the ingredients except oil and make a thin batter. (see video)
- If desired rest for 15 mins and start making dosas
- Take a flat griddle or dosa pan on medium high heat, when you add a drop of water, the pan should sizzle.
- Add the batter from 2 inches height above the pan, fill in the gaps if needed. Add oil to roast( few drops or 1/2 tsp)
- Let it cook for 2 to 3 mins till the top dries, flip it carefully to cook on the other side
- When both sides are cooked, Dosa is ready to serve with desired chutney.
- The batter should be very thin and runny.
- Before making each dosa, mix the batter from the bottom as the ragi settles down very quickly.
- If you think batter is thickened over time, it is because the rava or semolina has absorbed the water, so add more as needed.
- This batter can be stored in refrigerator for upto 4 to 5 days.
- Skip Yogurt to make it Vegan.
Enjoy my recipes ? Join my facebook group here – SubbuCooks Facebook Group
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for all the recipe videos.
Thank you for visiting 🙂
Check out the detailed video here