Garlic Pickle – Andhra style
Garlic pickle is awesome side dish for rice and chapati’s. If you got some extra garlic sprouting and you are unable to use it then this pickle is perfect for you 🙂 You can make this pickle in less than 30 mins.
Instead of buying the pickle from store, you can make this pickle whenever you want – Fresh and ingredients of your choice.
Garlic has so many benefits :
- Improves Your Metabolism
- Anti-Cancer Properties
- Boosts the Immune System
- Fights High Blood Pressure
- Anti-Microbial properties
- Rich in Antioxidants
- Flavor enhancer and so many more.
Fresh garlic is used in making this pickle and any moisture is to be avoided while making the pickle. So there is no need to wash the garlic, as the garlic is unexposed to any kind of dirt or debris (since it is tucked away in the pod).
Serve Garlic pickle with Rice, Dal or with Yogurt rice. It is an awesome condiment to have on hand and also goes well with breakfast dishes like upma, dosa or idli etc.
Check out my other pickles recipes
- 4 Bulbs of Garlic
- 1/2 cup Oil - or as needed
- 2 tsps Mustard seeds
- few pinches Hing or Asafoetida powder
- 4 tsps Fenugreek seeds powder
- Salt - to taste
- Red chili powder - to taste
- lime sized Tamarind - (extract the juice by soaking in 1/4th-1/2 cup of hot water)
- Remove the garlic pods from garlic bulbs, remove and cut the brown edges of garlic pods.
- In a thick bottomed pan add oil and let it get hot
- once oil is hot add mustard seeds and let them splutter
- Now add garlic pods and fry for 4 to 5 mins till garlic slightly gets golden brown color
- Once garlic is fried well, add tamarind extract/juice and fry till all the water evaporates(see the video)
- Once the oil starts oozing out, add salt, red chili powder, fenugreek seeds powder and hing.
- Mix well and cook for 3 to 4 mins till all the spices are incorporated well.
- Completely cool and transfer to a air tight container.
- No need to wash garlic and make sure that garlic pods are dry
- Make sure that you always use clean and dry spoon to serve the pickle
- If properly made, this pickle will stay good at room temperature upto 1 month or longer in the fridge.
- Adjust spice to your taste.
Check out my list of must have instant pot accessories
Enjoy my recipes ? Please share on social media with friends and in food groups.
Join my facebook group here – SubbuCooks Facebook Group
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for all the recipe videos.
Thank you for visiting 🙂
Check out the detailed video here