How to dry and store curry leaves for more than 3 to 4 months
When there is freezing temperatures in winter, there is loss of plants in the garden due to frost and one of the important and precious plant is my curry leaves plant. There are so many leaves on my plant so I thought How to dry and store curry leaves for longer time. So this post is all about how to store curry leaves for winter months.
First way : FREEZING
You can wash the leaves, pat dry and then store them in the freezer(in a Ziploc bag or a container). Whenever you want to add some curry leaves to a dish, just take them out from the freezer and use directly.
Second way : DRYING
You can wash the leaves and dry them. The leaves will be dry and crispy. These leaves can be stored in the fridge for 3 to 4 months. Make sure no moisture reaches them.
Third way – POWDER
If you want to make powder then just dry the leaves as explained below and make a powder. Store the powder in a air tight container so that the aroma doesnt go away.
In USA, curry leaves are basically gold like for Indians as they are very expensive. I am very fortunate to have a beautiful bounty of curry leaves, so I decided to store them properly otherwise they would go bad quickly. I hope you found this helpful and you can also store your excess curry leaves and enjoy for later.
Curry leaves recipes :
★ Now that you have this amazing recipe, Is it worth a try? Please give us a ★ rating .. Just click on the stars in the Summary box below to rate 🙂 !
How to dry and store curry leaves
- Curry leaves
- Take the curry leaves and wash them very well.
- Next using a salad spinner get rid of excess water from washed curry leaves. Put a bunch of leaves in the salad spinner and spin them for 10 to 15 times until there is no water left.
- If you don't have salad spinner then just drain them in a strainer for some time.
- Now take the leaves and spread on to a cotton towel. let them dry for 1 or 2 days till they are crisp and dry. For every couple of hours, mix them well so that they get dried evenly.
- Now you can store these leaves in refrigerator for upto 6 months or make curry leaves powder.