Potato Bell pepper and Eggplant Fry – Aloo capsicum brinjal fry
Potato Bell pepper and Eggplant Fry is a simple stir fry which can be made under 15 mins and is a great side dish for Rice. This is so easy to make and mildly spiced so kids love it.
The browned golden edges of Potato Bell pepper and Eggplant Fry makes us mouthwatering and go for seconds. The combination of these three veggies is bomb.!
This Potato Bell pepper and Eggplant Fry is a great alternative to cut down carbs and to add extra veggies to a regular potato fry.
Bell pepper gives a unique flavor and slight crunch to the dish and Eggplant gets a beautiful mushy melt in mouth texture in the fry. Of course how can we forgot about the potato, potatoes gets nicely roasted and are just irresistible 🙂
Serve this Potato Bell pepper and Eggplant Fry with Hot rice, ghee and Dal .. just Yumm.! Even serve with Yogurt rice .. makes such a great side dish.
Adjust the veggie quantities to your liking, If you never tried this combo, you should try it.. like I said earlier this combo is superb. You can also use any colored bell pepper. For me some how I tend to like the green one’s.
Use Non stick pan for easy clean up and mess free fry. I used a heavy cast iron enameled pan and as you can see from video, I was not that impressed. Do you use enameled cast iron pans? let me know how to clean them and prevent sticking to the bottom. This is my first enameled cast iron pan and any tips will be helpful 🙂
Potato Bell pepper and Eggplant Fry
- 2 medium Eggplants - diced
- 2 medium Potatoes - diced
- 1 Bell pepper ( or capsicum) - diced
- Salt - to taste
- 2 tbsps Oil - or as desired
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- Red chili powder - to taste
- Put a non stick pan with a lid on medium heat.
- Add oil and let it get hot. Once oil is hot add cumin seeds and fry well
- Now add potatoes and cover with lid. Let them get 50% cooked, it will take 3 to 4 mins
- Once potatoes are half done, add bell pepper and eggplant, mix well.
- Cook with out lid till all the veggies are well cooked, it will take 5 to 7 mins
- Add salt once the bell pepper and eggplant soften.
- Once desired texture and veggies are done, add red chili powder to taste, mix well and fry for 1 or 2 mins
- Turn off the heat and serve hot with Rice and ghee.!
- If preparing eggplant ahead, place the eggplant pieces in water to prevent discoloration.
Enjoy my recipes ? Please share on social media with friends and in food groups.
Join my facebook group here – SubbuCooks Facebook Group
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for all the recipe videos.
Check out my list of must have instant pot accessories
Thank you for visiting 🙂
Check out the detailed video here