Instant pot Eggplant curry
Jump to recipe
Lets us see how to make scrumptious spicy Instant pot Eggplant curry. This recipe is so simple and easy to make , in no time you have a delicious curry ready for the family.
I bought the big eggplant from the grocery store but you can use any kind of eggplant you like chinese eggplant, small Indian eggplant(purple/green) etc. As always you can make this curry in regular pan as well.
Eggplant is known to be the king of vegetables in south India. Eggplant curry is served as a special dish in auspicious/festive occasions in India. It can be made into curry, chips, chutney or even as a pickle.
Check out my other eggplant recipes
Eggplant in Cilantro gravy
Eggplant Rice in Instant pot
Vankaya Menthi Kaaram aka Eggplant with fenugreek spice mix
Potato Eggplant Bell pepper Fry
Eggplant Curry in Instant Pot
- Eggplant - 1 big
- Onion chopped - 1 small
- Garlic chopped - 2
- Oil of Choice - 2 tsps
- Mustard seeds - 1tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Tomatoes chopped - 2
- Turmeric powder - 1tsp
- Chili powder - to taste
- Salt - to taste
- Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
- Curry powder of choice - 1 tbsp
- Water - 1 cup or as needed
- Cilantro - To garnish
- Put the Instant Pot in Saute mode High
- Pour oil and let it get hot
- Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds and fry
- Add Garlic and Curry leaves and fry well
- Add onions and saute well
- Add Tomatoes and fry for 2 mins
- Now add all spice powders and salt, mix well
- Add Cubed eggplant, water and mix well once again
- Turn off the Saute mode and put it on manual high 3 mins
- Keep the vent to sealing position
- You can do Natural release or Quick release of the vent, I did Natural release once the pressure completely gone.
- If the curry is watery put it on saute mode till desired water gets evaporated
- I left it as is , as I was going to serve with Rice
- Add Cilantro to garnish and serve hot.
© 2024 Copyright © Subbucook.com
Enjoy my recipes ? Please share on social media with friends and in food groups.
Join my facebook group here – SubbuCooks Facebook Group
Please like and follow on Facebook and Instagram
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for all the recipe videos.
Thank you for visiting 🙂