Mango Semolina Cake in Oven and Airfryer || No eggs and All purpose Flour
This Mango Semolina Cake is your dream cake if you love mangoes and cake. It is made of Indian kesar mango goodness and semolina flour(aka Suji/Sooji/Ravva). This delicious cake doesn’t contain eggs and all purpose flour.
This Mango Semolina Cake is protein rich and super delicious, trust me it is.! I added greek yogurt in it along with very less sugar(compared to regular cakes). You can use regular yogurt too. With very simple ingredients you can whip this cake in less than an hour and your family will thank you 🙂 for this beautiful treat.
Join my facebook group here – SubbuCooks Facebook Group
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for all the recipe videos.
Now vegans can substitute all the dairy ingredients with vegan alternatives. Ghee can be substituted with vegan butter and Yogurt with soy/cashew/coconut yogurt.
You can also little food color or Turmeric for rich yellow color but I didn’t use any as the mango puree was in rich orangish yellow color. Adjust the sugar depending upon the sweetness of the mango puree. There is no need of frosting just enjoy as it is 🙂 I topped mine with some almond flakes and cashews. I got the Kesar mango puree in Indian grocery stores(freezer section). You can use any variety of mango puree.
If you are looking for a healthy cake recipe without eggs or all purpose flour, then this is a must try.
Since I have Air fryer and Oven I wanted to bake the cake in both of them and post the recipes for both. I put different temperatures for air fryer and oven and both came out well. I prefer Air fryer as it was quick and easy to monitor, that being said baking in oven is not any less.
❤ If you try it then please don’t forget to give a rating for the recipe below in the summary box, it means a lot.!
Mango Semolina Cake
- 2 cups Semolina or Sooji/Ravva
- 1 cup Sugar - (adjust depending on your taste)
- 1.5 cups Mango puree - (unsweetened) I used frozen thawed Indian Kesar Mango Puree
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt or Dahi - (regular yogurt is fine too)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 4 tbsps Ghee or Butter
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Nuts - for toppings(optional)
- Mix Semolina,sugar and Baking powder in a bowl.
- Add the mango puree,ghee, yogurt and vanilla essence to the dry ingredients and mix gently using a whisk
- Take greased baking pans and add the cake mixture. Tap gently to remove air bubbles and top it off with nuts if desired.
- In a preheated oven, Bake the cake at 320F for 25-30 mins or till the cake is completely cooked.
- I covered the baking pans with aluminum foil as the nuts were browning.
- Do a toothpick test. Let it completely cooled down before devouring.!
- Bake the cake at 360F for 18-20 mins and do a toothpick test to make sure it is well cooked.
- For airfryer I didnt use a aluminum foil to cover the pans, it was just fine.
- Cool on a wire rack and enjoy.
- vegans can substitute ghee/butter with vegan butter and Yogurt with soy/cashew/coconut yogurt.
Enjoy my recipes ? Please share on social media with friends and in food groups.
Thank you for visiting 🙂