Spicy Braised Tofu | Crispy Tofu
Spicy Braised Tofu is a simple and easy dish to make with tofu that is a great side dish or appetizer. It takes less than 30 mins to put together and so delicious.!
Firm Tofu should be used for this Spicy Braised Tofu otherwise the tofu will not hold its shape. Make sure you squeeze out the water as much as you can, so that the tofu will get crispy faster.
I pan fried the Tofu with very little oil till the outer edges are crispy and golden. You can also use air fryer at 400F for 5 to 10 mins. For best results use a cast iron griddle, I use Lodge cast iron griddle 🙂
In this Spicy Braised Tofu you can adjust the spice level to your taste but since tofu is bland, I like to make it little spicy. For a thicker sauce use corn starch but I didn’t use any.
Do not skip the sesame seeds at the end for garnish as they give really unique asian flavor. Serve this Spicy Braised Tofu with Rice or Noodles, or just as is like an appetizer.
For very crispy tofu, you can coat the tofu pieces in little corn starch before frying.
❤ If you try it then please don’t forget to give a rating for the recipe below in the summary box, it means a lot.!
Spicy Braised Tofu
- 14 oz Firm Tofu - cut into desired shape
- 2 to 3 tbsps Sesame Oil
- 1/2 cup Onion - finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Green Onion - finely chopped
- 2 to 3 Garlic cloves - finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Water - or as needed
- 1/2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Red chili powder or flakes - to taste
- Salt - to taste
- Toasted Sesame Seeds - to garnish
- Pan fry or air fry the Tofu pieces till they get crispy on the outside.
- Take a wide pan on medium heat and add oil
- Once oil is hot add garlic, onion and green onion. Fry well till they turn golden brown
- Now add soy sauce, water, sugar, salt and red chili powder/flakes. Mix well
- Cook till the mixture gets thick. Then toss in the tofu pieces and mix well gently.
- Garnish with green onion and toasted sesame seeds. Serve hot.!
Enjoy my recipes ? Join my facebook group here – SubbuCooks Facebook Group
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for all the recipe videos.
Thank you for visiting 🙂
Check out the detailed video here