Homemade Herbal hair oil | Natural oil boosts hair growth
Hair fall, dandruff, dry scalp etc are common hair problems for most people today. In this post I am going to share DIY Homemade Herbal hair oil which helps prevent/reduce all these problems. Very easy to make, cheap and most of all very effective.
Due to increasing pollution, deficiencies in diet, extensive hair treatments etc. our hair health is decreasing radically. Rather than depending on expensive ‘chemical laden’ shampoos and hair treatments its wise to opt much natural way when dealing with hair.
Most shampoos, conditioners work for a while and then they just don’t cut it anymore. Its important to understand that health of hair is not only dependent on external factors but also internal. So, what we eat also matters a lot along with what we put on the hair as well. So definitely revisit your diet and make necessary changes to include foods that help hair health
Curry leaves recipes :
I personally do not do any kind of hair straightening, coloring etc. to my hair. If you do hair straightening, then please use heat protectant to prevent damage of hair due to high heat produced by hair straighteners. Use natural hair colors instead of artificial hair colors. Preferably air dry your hair rather than blow dry, taking small steps will help in a big way.
This homemade herbal hair oil has so many healthy ingredients which help hair to grow, prevent dandruff/dry scalp and extremely nourishes hair. Most of the ingredients are easily available in our home garden and kitchen. I have used Curry leaves, Hibiscus flowers, Hibiscus leaves, Tulsi leaves (Indian Holy Basil), Onions seeds (aka Kalonji, Nigella seeds, black seeds), Fenugreek seeds (methi seeds or methi daana) and some Essential oils. If you have access then do try to add neem leaves, vetiver root, brahmi leaves, amla(gooseberry) etc. these have immense benefits which adds to the oil.
|Hibiscus Flowers and Leaves
|Onions seeds (Kalonji, Nigella seeds, black seeds)
NUT MILK BAG USED IN THE RECIPE – Nut milk bag
COCONUT OIL USED – Organic Oil
I hope you try out this amazing Homemade Herbal hair oil recipe and do comment below and let me know how you like this recipe.
★ Now that you have this amazing recipe, Is it worth a try? Please give us a ★ rating .. Just click on the stars in the Summary box below to rate 🙂 !
DISCLAIMER – SOME PEOPLE MAY HAVE ALLERGIES TO SOME HERBS AND EACH PERSONS SKIN TYPE VARIES, SO PLEASE USE WITH CAUTION.
Homemade Herbal hair oil | Natural Indian Hair tonic boosts hair growth
- 10-12 Big stems of Curry leaves
- 8-10 Hibiscus flowers
- 20-30 Healthy hibiscus leaves
- 8-10 Stems of Tulsi leaves
- 1.5 tbsps Onion seeds aka Kalonji/Nigella seeds/ Black seeds
- 2 tbsps Fenugreek seeds aka Methi seeds
- 1 litre Coconut oil - (this is approx quantity, you can adjust as needed)
- Essential oils of choice - (optional)
Preparation of Oil
- Take all the ingredients into a blender jar and pulse few times to make a coarse paste
- Add this paste to a thick bottomed pan on medium heat and add 500 ml of coconut oil
- Cook the paste until all the moisture is gone. It will take around 10-15 minutes.
- All the leaves and flowers will turn crispy (just like chips) thats when the oil is ready since there is no moisture left.
- Make sure you don't burn the paste.
- Let the oil cool down and strain(using a fine strainer or nut milk bag) into a jar.
- You can add essential oils if you would prefer.
How to use the oil
- Whenever you want to use the oil, just a take a spoon or two (depends on how long your hair is)
- If you are using coconut oil then oil might get solidified but it will have scoopable consistency, so just take out with a spoon and melt in microwave or put near hot stove to melt the oil.
- Apply the oil to the scalp and entire hair.
- Preferably leave overnight or for couple of hours. Then take a head bath with using just enough shampoo (dont use too much as it will rip the natural oils)
- Sesame oil is a good alternative to coconut oil
- You can use other herbal ingredients as per your choice and availability.
- Choose essential oils of your choice, you can easily google the properties of essential oils and select which one will suit your needs.