How to make fresh homemade Mexican Authentic Guacamole
When I bring Avocados to home, mostly they are used for making Guacamole. Me and my husband love guac and love to have it along with some tortilla chips. Although Guac is very easy to make I just wanted to share how I make Authentic Guacamole at home.
I stayed in El Paso, Texas for an year and I have tasted most authentic guacamole there and it had perfect balance of ingredients, flavor and texture.
I am glad that you stopped by because I am going to share the most Authentic Guacamole recipe I found till date.
For the best texture use a Molcajete and if you don’t have one use back of spoon to mash the avocados well. Always use fresh ingredients like Lime juice or tomatoes.
Also use red onions for the best taste and flavor, the crunch and the taste they give is awesome. Don’t skimp on Cilantro and the lime juice gives a kick for the taste buds.
You can add other optional ingredients such as Cumin powder, paprika or red chili flakes etc. The Avocados shouldn’t be hard or too soft, they have to just soft to get the awesome texture.
If you are making guacamole ahead and store for later use (although fresh is always better) then cover the guac directly with plastic wrap directly touching the guac. This way there will be no air gap between guac and plastic wrap, which will ensure no browning. Even if there is slight browning then scour out the top layer.
❤ If you try it then please don’t forget to give a rating for the recipe below in the summary box, it means a lot.!
- 2 Ripe Avacados
- 1/2 Small Red Onion - finely chopped
- 1.5 tbsp Lime juice - (or to taste)
- 1 small Jalapeno - finely chopped (de seed them if you don't like spicy)
- 1 Tomato - finely chopped (de seed them if needed)
- 1/4 cup Cilantro - finely chopped
- Salt - to taste
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl except Avocados.
- You can mash the Avocados using a Molcajete, if not mash them into mushy along with some chunks using a back of spoon/fork
- Mix the avocado mixture with all the other ingredients.
- Serve along with Tortilla chips or in Tacos/Rice bowls.
- You can make Guac by pulsing all the ingredients in a blender/food processor to make it quick
- To store for later, cover the guac with plastic wrap directly touching the guac, this will ensure that there is no air gap between guac and plastic wrap( this always works for me). Even if there is slight browning, just scour out the top layer.
Enjoy my recipes ? Join my facebook group here – SubbuCooks Facebook Group
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for all the recipe videos.
Thank you for visiting 🙂