How to Use Whey Water – Leftover Paneer water
If you make cheese (or when curdling the milk) then you know how much overwhelming amount of whey water we get. Sometimes it is difficult to throw the water away as we know it is very nutritious.
Whey water is light lime greenish or yellowish green clear liquid. Usually when I make paneer at home I get so much whey water and I always try to use it as much as possible.
Whey water contains protein and some other essential nutrients for the body. But the whey water taste and flavor change by one factor i.e. the curdling agent used.
If we use vinegar or lemon juice to curdle then we get ACID WHEY
If we use yogurt to curdle then we get SWEET WHEY
Both can be used for multiple purposes but because of acidic nature of acid whey we need to be cautious where we use it.
Whey water can be stored in fridge for upto 5 days or freeze for longer life
Here are some ways you can use Whey Water.
1. Use Whey in making chapati/roti dough. Somehow when I use whey water in chapati dough, the dough comes out very smooth. So make a big batch of dough and you can freeze the dough too.
2. Use whey in baking, any recipe that calls for water substitute whey.
3. Use whey in curries, soups and stews. replace water with whey.
4. You can use whey to soak lentils(dals), beans, chickpeas etc.
5. If you cannot use all at once then freeze it for later. Freeze in ice cube trays or small containers and later pop out and store in a Ziplock bag.
6. Use whey to cook pastas, boil potatoes, or when cooking rice.
7. Use it in pancakes, waffles, muffins and more!
8. Use sweet whey in making smoothies and juices.
9. Sweet whey water can be used to water your plants. Dilute it with lots of water (otherwise plants will die or suffer burns).
10. Use whey water to condition your hair and smoothen it. Also in your face packs instead of using water.
11. Add it in your compost bin to make the compost more richer.
and there are so many uses, sky is the limit to your creativity.!!
If you enjoyed this post and found helpful , please leave a comment below. Thanks 🙂
Enjoy my recipes ? Please share on social media with friends and in food groups.
Join my facebook group here – SubbuCooks Facebook Group
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for all the recipe videos.
Thank you for visiting 🙂
Check out how to make whey water from milk