Gongura Dal, Red Sorrel Leaves Dal
Gongura / Red sorrel leaves are used for making daal , chutneys, pickles and in Curries. Gongura leaves are sour in taste and this leafy vegetable is mostly used in Telugu Cuisines. Gongura dal is very tasty when served hot with papads and vadiyams or even potato chips . My husband likes gongura dal very much and so I often prepare this for his lunch box. So lets see how to prepare it .
For Instant Pot version :
- Put instant pot on saute mode high
- Add the oil , add mustard seeds,cumin seeds and let them pop, add chana dal, urad dal, red chillies.
- Fry for a minute and add onions, green chillies and garlic .
- Let the onions turn into translucent color and then add the curry leaves.
- Now add the washed Dal and gongura leaves ( you can chop them if desired)
- Add 5 to 6 cups of water and salt to taste.
- Turn off saute mode
- Put the lid, vent to sealing position.
- Do manual high for 12 mins and do Natural release.
- This should cook the dal well( but if you see dal little undercooked then add some more water and do manual high again adjust time as needed).
- Now if it is too watery you can put on saute mode or if its too thick add water to your desired consistency and put on saute mode till it bubbles.
- Serve Hot with Rice and Appadams/Chips.
For regular stove top version :
Some pics .. !!
Enjoy my recipes ? Please share on social media with friends and in food groups.
Join my facebook group here – SubbuCooks Facebook Group
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for all the recipe videos.
Thank you for visiting 🙂