Vegetarian Honey Lime Chicken | Honey Lime Paneer Tikka
Honey Lime Paneer Tikka is my vegetarian take on classic Honey Lime Chicken. I have fused some Indian spices into the recipe to give a flavor and taste. Paneer Tikka is traditionally cooked inside clay ovens known as tandoor. Paneer is compacted, Indian cottage cheese made from milk. Vegan substitute can be Hard Tofu.
Vegetarian Honey Lime Chicken can be an appetizer or side dish or a meal by itself. You can wrap the grilled paneer tikka in a tortilla/chapati to make a yummy wrap. Perfect on a game day ‘healthy’ snacking or to entertain guests on a summer day. You can grill them directly on fire or grill them on a pan.
Several variations/substitutions can be made to this versatile Vegetarian Honey Lime Chicken . Few ideas are, substitute honey with maple syrup or agave, Paneer with Tofu, Yogurt with mayo/cashew yogurt, ghee with oil etc. You can easily make vegan honey lime chicken with these substitutes. I have used yellow and green bell peppers to give a nice contrast, you can also use any color of peppers of your choice.
Marinating the paneer and vegetables in yogurt will enhance the flavor of the dish and paneer will become soft and juicy. Even after grilling paneer will remain soft and tender. This dish is best served hot with chutneys such as mint yogurt dip, tomato ketchup or tamarind sauce etc.
It is important to use thick yogurt in the recipe because we want the marinade to get well coated to the paneer and vegetables. If we use thin yogurt the coating will not stay well.
Looking for Healthy and Tasty Snack recipes?
Try these :
I hope you try out this amazing Vegetarian Honey Lime Chicken recipe and do comment below and let me know how you like this recipe.
★ Now that you have this amazing recipe, Is it worth a try? Please give us a ★ rating .. Just click on the stars in the Summary box below to rate 🙂 !
Honey Lime Paneer Tikka | Vegetarian Honey Lime Chicken
- 14 oz Paneer aka Indian Cottage Cheese - cubed
- 2 Bell peppers - cut in same size as paneer
- 1 Onion - cut in same size as paneer
- Ghee/Oil - as needed to grill
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Honey - or add more per taste
- 2.5 tbsps Lime juice
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 tbsps Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1.5 tsps Coriander powder
- 4 tbsps Chickpea flour
- 2 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 4 tbsps Thick Yogurt
- 1.5 tsps Salt - or adjust per taste
- Mix all the ingredients under 'Marinade' to make the marinade.
- Add the Paneer, Bell peppers and Onions to the marinade and coat well. If needed add extra yogurt to coat everything well.
- Refrigerate this for 1-2 hours. If you dont have enough time, atleast for 15-30 mins.
- After refrigeration, you can directly grill the paneer and veggies on a grill pan or you can use skewers to grill on them open fire.
- While grilling, turn them on all the sides to cook evenly.
- Serve hot with desired sauces or chutneys.
- Adjust spices/marinade ingredients as per taste such as honey, red chili powder etc.
- For vegan recipe, substitute Paneer with Tofu, Honey with maple syrup, yogurt with coconut/cashew yogurt and Ghee with oil.