Instant Pot Pav Bhaji || Mumbai Street Style
Instant Pot Pav Bhaji is a easy a popular mumbai street food and I will show you how to make it super delicious.! It is made of several vegetables and spices, mashed into a thick gravy served with Bread.
Try this mumbai street style Instant Pot Pav Bhaji in a jiffy at home and serve with Pav or Bread of your choice. You can also serve with Roti/Chapathi or make Pav bhaji Dosa 🙂
Traditionally Pav bhaji is loaded with butter for that lip smacking taste, but here I used very minimal butter to make it healthy. Vegans can use oil.
Instant Pot Pav Bhaji is a must try and very convenient to make for potlucks or chat parties 😉
There are so many variations of Pav Bhaji like Paneer Pav bhaji, Jain Pav Bhaji, Cheese Pav Bhaji etc. Essentially use the same recipe but modify the ingredients as needed.
I use store bought Pav bhaji masala sometimes as it is very convenient but homemade is always best.! Here is the how you can make pav bhaji masala at home.
Homemade Pav bhaji masala powder :
- 10 whole red chili
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 2 inch cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 4-5 black cardamom
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp amchoor or dry mango powder
Preparation : Roast all the spices except dry mango powder on low heat till they are fragrant. Cool them and grind them into fine powder, add the dry mango powder. Store in air tight container.
❤ If you try it then please don’t forget to give a rating for the recipe below in the summary box, it means a lot.!
Instant Pot Pav Bhaji
- 1 to 2 tbsps Butter - (extra while serving)
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup Onion
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 cup Tomatoes
- 1 cup Potatoes - Cubed
- 3/4th cup Carrots - Cubed
- 1/2 cup Peas
- 1 cup Cauliflower florets
- 1 cup Bell Pepper(or capsicum)
- 2 tbsps Pav Bhaji Masala
- Red chili powder - to taste
- Salt - to taste
- Water - as needed
- 1/4 cup Cilantro - chopped
- few Lime/Lemon wedges - while serving
- Pav or Bread slices
- Butter - to toast
- few pinches of pav bhaji masala
- Put Instant Pot on saute mode high and add butter.
- While butter is melting add cumin seeds and fry for a minute.
- Now add onions and fry for 2 mins
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry for 1 min
- Add tomatoes and fry for 2 mins. Turn off saute mode.
- Add potatoes, peas, cauliflower,bell pepper, carrots, pav bhaji masala, red chili powder and salt.
- Add water just enough to cover all vegetables and mix well.
- Put the lid and do manual high 5 mins. Do natural pressure release(NPR)
- Mash the vegetables well with a potato masher or with the back of the ladle.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with Pav/bread +onions + Lime/Lemon wedge.!
To Toast Pav
- Take a flat griddle on medium high heat.
- Add butter, while its melting add few pinches of pav bhaji masala.
- Place the Pav or bread on the butter and toast till golden.
Enjoy my recipes ? Join my facebook group here – SubbuCooks Facebook Group
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for all the recipe videos.
Thank you for visiting 🙂
Check out the detailed video here